Friday, March 20, 2009

So here's the deal...

I introduced my friend to sl and she said, "so you guys are freaky in sl--that's cool." But I'm not sure that this friend "gets it"...and I love this friend so I want to sort of give her a tour of sl through my eyes. I'm gonna' be blogging some of my favorite things to do in sl and fave places to see. But that's not all, I suppose my favorite thing about second life is being able to play Barbies (tm) (whatever, mattel don't sue my ass cuz there's nothing there!). In sl I get to change my doll ALL THE TIME! Change her hair, makeup, shape, clothing, shoes...you name it...it rocks! And, I suppose that since I used to play Barbies (trademark blah blah blah) forever, this makes sense--it's the grown-up doll. (without getting into trademark infringements with either second life or Mattel Barbie! So....without further adieu...I make fun of people...I pretend I have an L.A. figure...I pretend I can afford most clothing (that I don't think is stupid to waste four American dollars on); I can live like a single woman f'ing my partnered model-quality-sexy-man/husband and I can have a job that doesn't require 40 hours a week, although sometimes I think about it much more than a few, it's a job I do in real life so it's okay. I can pretend I have the ultimate high tech house and the most retro furniture that I change about every 3 weeks.
There are so many cool places I explore, like "Oz", and the Black Swan, and various sims that are just plain cool if you take the time to check it out.
So...yeah, pretty much, it's like playing Barbies (tm) for grown-ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment